If you’ve recently completed the increasingly popular SMG to Manual conversion on your E46 M3 and would like your vehicle recoding to suit then ECUWorx can remotely recode your vehicle. Once ECUWorx have remotely recoded your vehicle it will behave exactly like a factory manual.
– Your vehicle will be free of ‘swap’ related error codes.
– Your AKMB (instrument cluster) will no longer display the SMG shift display.
– Your AKMB (instrument cluster) will no longer display the SMG ‘cog of doom’.
– Your vehicle can be started with or without the clutch pedal depressed dependant on your choice.
– Providing a genuine E46 M3 clutch switch has been installed and wired your cruise control will continue to work.
– No requirement for a gear position sensor.
You will require a Windows laptop, an internet connection and a suitable flashing / coding cable. If your cable must be able to talk to the E46s dual K-lines (pin 7 and 8). Compatible flashing cables can be purchased direct from ECUWorx here.
ECUWorx will supply and setup all software required and can even provide assistance with wiring detail etc.